Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to WhatYouFocusOnGrows! I guess it’s fitting that I begin this blog the day after Labor Day, as I have spent 2008 to date laboring at my newest love: starting my company, HeLT Consulting & Services, Inc. So after taking a short break to enjoy the lovely Chicago weather this past Labor Day, I’m back at it again with the launching of this blog.

My goals for the blog are modest; I don’t intend to take the blogging world by storm. Instead I’d like to establish a discipline of daily writing & reflection and a better platform than e-mail to send my clients, colleagues, and friends interesting articles and observations, and enjoy each other’s comments.

This blog will focus on market observations, interesting ideas, & fun finds for business. My guess is that it will gravitate around my passions: branding, business strategy, product conceptualization & positioning, customer research, online community, writing, business philosophy, and the key tools I use in business (and in life): focus and balance. But more on that in future posts.

For now, friends, welcome! And please let me know what you’re up to and how you spent your Labor Day weekend.